He was the son of William Gann and Ruth Ann Delaney.
More history of John Delaney Gann will be forthcoming.
His log cabin house now has a historical marker nearby. The marker is located near Hwy. 94, 7.5 mi west of Lufkin. The Marker Text: Early Texas double log cabin built of interlocking hewn pine logs. Originally had a "dog trot" (open center hall). Erected before 1860 by John D. Gann, first district clerk of Angelina County. Sold to W. H. Bonner in 1864. Remodeled in 1955 by L. F. Bonner, owner. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1970
Nancy Malinda Gann. This is our direct ancestor